Morley Victoria is committed to promoting sustainable travel; therefore, we encourage pupils, families and staff to travel to school by foot, scooter, or bus. This approach has many benefits: reduced congestion, making the roads around school safer, the health benefits of regular exercise and reduced pollution.
Where car journeys are necessary, we encourage people to consider 'park and stride' journeys or car shares.
If you would like to be involved in this work, or have any ideas or expertise to share, please contact the school office. We would love to hear from you!
Sustainable Travel Initiatives
Morley Victoria undertakes a range of activities to educate the pupils about sustainable travel and promote this lifestyle. Initiatives have included:
- an audit of the roads around school, linked to a traffic survey in year 3
- assemblies on road safety and parking
- Year 1 and 2 sessions about road safety
- Year 6 cycle training (Bikeability Level 1 - Level 3)
- pedestrian training
- assemblies from our PCSOs on "be bright, be seen"
- walk to school week
- PSHE and Geography lessons linked to this theme
- Signage around school about walking to school and sensible parking
- A 'park and stride' every half term
- Balance bike training for EYFS
- Lollipop person outside school