Mental Health and Well-Being Support
In the current climate, it is more important than ever that we support children’s mental health. That’s why we’ve created a full of useful resources and guidance for parents and carers to use at home that are relevant to the situation we currently find ourselves in.
Support for Parents and Carers
Young Minds for Parents and Carers provides advice about mental health and behaviour problems in children and young people up to the age of 25. You can call the parents’ and carers’ helpline on 0808 802 5544. Please be aware Young Minds do not provide any direct psychological services and cannot make referrals to the NHS or Children and Young People’s Mental Health Services (CYPMHS).
Websites for your child or young person
If your child or young person would like to speak to someone anonymously, they could try calling a helpline or visiting websites such as ChildLine and The Mix.
- text SHOUT to 85258 in the UK to text with a trained Crisis Volunteer
- text with someone who is trained and will provide active listening and collaborative problem-solving
- call 0800 1111 any time for free
- have an online chat with a counsellor - https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
- check out the message boards - https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/message-boards/
- call 0808 808 4994 for free – lines are open from 11am to 11pm every day
- access the online community - https://community.themix.org.uk/